Wednesday, March 27, 2019

I AM AN ANIMAL CONTROL OFFICER

I AM YOUR ANIMAL CONTROL OFFICER
I am your animal control officer.

I am not the dreaded "dog catcher" or the "murderer" you call me.

I’m not the one who allows your pets to breed, then dumps the unwanted puppies and kittens on roadsides and in shelters. 
I’m the one that must find the tiny animals before they die of starvation, exposure or disease and, as an act of mercy, exterminate them. 
It hurts me to be forced to kill hundreds of thousands of animals each year, but because of YOUR irresponsibility, I have no choice.

I’m not the one who abandons unwanted animals on the farm roads, telling myself that some friendly farmer will surely take them in and give them a safe home. But I am the one who picks up the frightened animals who waits in vain for its beloved master, wondering why it has been abandoned.

I am the one who must help that friendly farmer trap, tranquilize, or kill that animal because it has begun to roam in packs with other abandoned, hungry animals, killing livestock, fowl, and game.

I am not the one who breeds and fights dogs in the name of “sport”. But I am the one who fights breeders and participants, and must pick up the dead and dying animals that have been left behind.

So remember, the next time a stray dog bites your child, your trash is dumped and scattered, your pet is lost, stolen, poisoned, or hit by a car, it is the Animal Control Officer you call. Not the “dog catcher”.

The next time your pet is picked up, or you are cited for neglecting or abusing it, remember that I am only trying to get you to fulfill your responsibility to your pet, your neighbor and yourself. Do not scorn me. 
Respect me, for I am the product of your irresponsibility.
I love animals, and I care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember no accusations without proof. Rant if you will, it won't be published.